Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Noid Annoyed

In what could prove to be the worst marketing in history, Domino's pizza is set to release their "No!" television campaign on Thursday. The ads, promoting the new artisian pizza, are in response to customer demand to add or subtract toppings from the specialty pies. Domino's stands firm on the issue and their message is clear: Trust us, we know what you like. After all, having spent years perfecting the pizza recipe, it would be a shame to let something like a customer's individual taste ruin it. Early drafts of the "No!" slogan included such gems as "Bitch please!" "Nigga be trippin'!" and of course my favorite, "Go fuck yourself!" Calls to the Noid for comment were not returned by press time.



Can you imagine where Wendy's would be right now if they treated the "Where's the Beef?" lady like this? Rest assured she would find the beef elsewhere... The late, great Steve Jobs once said of customers "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them." Let me give you a tip, Domino's. That philosophy only applies if you're changing the world. You bake flat bread with cheese and marinara. Get over yourself! You might enjoy a few extra bucks with the novelty of this campaign, but your "No!" strategy will only hold up until Papa John's announces their "Sure" campaign. Something tells me Domino's is soon going the way of Borders. It's a wonder anyone has a job in Michigan these days...

But anyway, speaking of Steve Jobs, recently I scraped together some money and picked up an iPod Touch hoping to take this writing stuff a little more seriously. I've only had it a few weeks, but I can't stress how perfect it is for this type of work. Now I can access my personal and work e-mail on the same device that I can schedule and record interviews.. Plus, you know, Angry Birds is fun. I got a chance to put it to the test last week on assignment for Hype Team Productions when I sat down with Bellevue's jam wizards, the great Ebin's Flow. Since I bloody well know all of you are reading, here come the shameless plugs:

Hype Team Productions is a website started by some friends of mine promoting local artists and I've had the great honor to join their team. In doing so, it gave me the opportunity to sit down with some old friends and talk about their amazing band and write an article about them. The article will be posted very soon on hypeteamproductions.com, so make sure to check it out and show some love to the other very talented featured performers.

My new addition to the gadget arsenal will make it much easier to adopt a more multimedia format for this blog, so be expecting more pictures, audio and maybe even a youtube channel? Oh the possibilities...

Until next time, Avoid the Annoyed Noid

3 comments:

  1. one vote for naming your youtube channel "Beard Vision" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Noid is back???? I hope so!!!
    Hes like a perverted weird cousin to the Easter Bunny...
    I've missed him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the free market punish them harshly.

    ReplyDelete