Wednesday, October 5, 2011

'King' Size Me

I find LeBron James an interesting choice to promote McDonald's Monopoly. What's the message here? "Play Monopoly. You're bound to [almost] win... Oh, and by the way, basically the entire world wants you to lose." Ronald McDonald should know to exercise more caution when affiliating with people claiming to be "The King." Look what happened to the last one he underestimated.

Regardless of their motives, this advertising campaign has given me a strategy. I'll start at the McDonald's on the north end of town away from the major highways that mostly draws a local crowd. The harelipped manager has difficulty keeping reliable employees on his payroll, but does his best with what he has to work with. At this location I will enjoy seven decently digestible meals and let the small victories pile up-- a soft drink here, an apple pie there. Then, big prize alluding me, I'll take my hunger to the South Ave. location, where they have a Playplace and free WiFi. Even if my first meal comes up empty, I'll be hungry tomorrow.

But hey, Lebron, I'll play Monopoly with you any time. I call the thimble! You can be the championship ring. There isn't one? Maybe some day. Ring or no ring, Kentucky Avenue has your name on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment